Design Development

Wanting to develop how the project would be stylised (in terms of how the project will look) I carried out some further development into how planets can be created in Photoshop.

I wanted to see how realistic planets could be created using the Photoshop programme, as from this I could go ahead to develop some early website designs using imagery created.

This was the end result of the planets creation:

Planet

Overall I was extremely impressed at how realistic the planet looked, with the atmosphere creating a light smokey effect around the planet surface, along with the dark side of the planet giving you some sense as to the positioning of the planet itself.

From this I created another display mock using the planet. This time I incorporated a deep space background along with an image of the Andromeda galaxy.

Planet 2

This was only a quick composition put together to see how the planet looked within a ‘realistic’ environment.

Overall this stage of development was interesting as it opened up the doors to what is possible in terms of how this project can be designed.

But tracking back to the research carried out on the ‘Moon‘ project, the whole stylisation of the project display is minimalistic.

More research / development would need to be carried out in this area to develop the project further.

– Michael